Benefits of Strength Training:
There are so many reasons as to why strength training is beneficial to your body and mind. Here are some benefits that will explain why one should add strength training into a workout routine.
- Beneficial for Bone Health and Diseases: Since research has shown that we lose bone and muscle strength after the age of 20. Strength training is the best way to reverse the bone and muscle loss that will occur. Strength training can also decrease arthritis pain and increase bone density in post-menopausal women. Improves glucose control in type 2 diabetics and also beneficial for individuals with Parkinson’s Disease and helps to prevent Osteoporosis.
- Improves your mood and increases energy level: Working out is a natural antidepressant because your body releases endorphins which make your “feel good”. It also makes you sleep better so you will be more energized throughout the day.
- Good for your health: Strength training increases you muscle mass which promotes long-term fat loss and keeps the weight off! The increase in muscle mass will increase your metabolism and as a result, you will burn more calories per minute at rest and active.
- Improves everyday function: Reduces the risk of injury from everyday activities like picking up kids, carrying groceries, walking up stairs, etc.
- The way you look: You will develop more lean body fat and decrease your body fat, creating a tighter more defined look. You will be able to feel and see the tone of your muscle.